Saturday, March 28, 2009

WOO-HOO! YIPPPEEE!!! HOOORRAYYYY!!!

Okay, so I'm a bit excited:) I just received another offer for a Silhouette Desire book! This will make #2 for me!

Writing has always been my passion, but to do it as a career is an absolute dream come true. I can't believe I'm doing something so fun, so rewarding, and getting paid for it! I really wish everyone could be this happy with their job.

So, book #2 is the sequel to the first book I sold to Desire and I can't wait to get started on more. I love, love, LOVE that line! When my agent first told me she thought I would make a good fit there, I asked her what Desire books were like. She said, "Think Dynasty". Hey, I loved that show! Blackmail, scandals, money and power...oh, yeah, and the romance:) We can't forget that!

Anyway, I'm happy to say I'll have two books *hopefully* next Spring for my readers. This will be a long, empty year as I get more books under my belt and turned in, but starting in 2010, I'm expecting BIG things from myself:)

I hope you all will stick with me and countdown with me until my debut Desire release:)

Happy Reading!
Jules

6 comments:

Jess McAlister said...

I am SOOOO happy for you, This is great news and I can understand how ecstatic you must be.

Congratulations :)

Roxanne St. Claire said...

Congratulations, Jules!! I love Desires, loved writing them and love reading them. I'm thrilled to see you become a "Desireable" and get that second contract. Well done!

Rocki

Jules Bennett said...

Jess, thanks for the congrats! I can't wait to get started on more Desire books:)

Hugs,
Jules

Jules Bennett said...

Rocki!! I'm speechless that one of my all-time favorite authors stopped by to wish me well!

This is just as exciting as selling to Desire:)

Can't wait to see you in September...wait, I'll probably see you at Nationals:)

Congrats to YOU on the RITA nomination! I'll be cheering for you in D.C.!

Jules

Lisa F. said...

Congrats on our 2nd sale! I'm exciting about the books being related - love the series books.

Diane Craver said...

That's wonderful news, Jules! Congratulations on your contract!