Sunday, September 28, 2008

Happy Anniversary to Me!

This is such an appropriate post to follow on the coattails of "Romantic Gestures". My hubby and I just celebrated our 9 year wedding anniversary on Sept. 25th.

What did we do? Well, we went to my FAVORITE restaurant, The Cheesecake Factory and did some shopping. Great food, a shoe purchase (or two) and trying on clothes that make me look skinny...what more could a gal want?

We had a fabulous time. Why is it that when the anniversary rolls around I feel more giddy? Does anybody else get this? I even get giddy on the anniversary date when we started dating.

Oh well, I hope I never lose that school girl feeling. I get the tingling in my belly throughout the year as well. Like when my guy takes my hand and squeezes, a nice subtle, unspoken I Love You. Or, when he thinks I'm asleep and he comes to bed and runs his hand over my hair and my cheek and whispers, "I love you" or "You're so beautiful".

Man, do I have a good guy or what?

So, do you all still get that silly, tingling feeling with your mate? If so, how long have you been together? I think romance is the best emotion, action...whatever, in the whole world. I would hate to go through this life alone, having never felt this connection.

Since I'm in the lovey-dovey mood, I'll give away a really cool silver-plated bookmark to one lucky person who leaves me feedback!

7 comments:

Tee said...

Happy Anniversary Jules! I hope your as happy with your DH as I am with mine. I cannot say what makes our marriage work but it does and he is the love of my life and has been for almost 18 years now.

Unknown said...

Belated anniversary wishes!

Steve and I have been married for over five years, but together for almost twelve. And to this day whenever he places his hand on the small of my back when we walk in to a room I still get all warm and fuzzy feeling.

Renee' said...

Hey Jules, Happy Anniversay to you and your husband. Well you saw Joe and I together last weekend and yes we still get giddy with each other. We even went on a horse carriage ride on Saturday. It wasn't a long ride but it was something I had always wanted to do and he knew it so he took me on the ride. We have known each other for 21 years and been together for over 10 years. Renee

Deb's Book Nook said...

Hi Jules! Happy Anniversary! Sounds like you had a wonderful time.

DH and I are both so busy that alone time is hard to get so if we actually get a few hours of time together I am so happy. Matter of fact we spent about 5 hours at the bluegrass festival yesterday then came home to snuggle together.

I love his touch. To me his hands are so sexy. Quite often when we are driving down the road he will reach over and touch my hair or lightly rub my shoulders. You can just feel the love pouring through. Sigh.

We will celebrate our 29th wedding anniversary this November and I'm even more in love with this man than I was the day we were married.

Chasing Inspriation said...

Happy Anniversary! I love anniversaries. My husband and I celebrated 14 years of marriage and 16 years of togetherness this past August.

I love my husband. I love it when he gives me this look that is only for me. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. I love it when he grabs my hand as we walk together, or when he brushes my shoulder or my back while we clean up after dinner. The little things get me every time.

I wish you and your husband every happiness as you walk through this life together!

Jules Bennett said...

Tee, 18 years is remarkable! It seems too many couples give up when times get tough these days. You're an inspiration;)

Jill, don't you love the warm, fuzzy feeling? I do:) So glad you still get it!

Renee', you and Joe are just too cute for words. You two are perfect for each other and I only met you for a short time. You two are lucky to have each other!

Leah, 29? Good for you! And snuggling is one of my favorite hobbies:)

Naomi, I love that look, too! You know he only gives it to you and it makes you feel all the more loved and special.

Thanks to everyone for commenting. I'll be picking a winner within a day or so!

Hugs,
Jules

Jules Bennett said...

As promised, here is the winner of my special bookmark...

RENEE'!!

E-mail me, darlin', and I'll get this in the mail to you:)

julesbennett@falcon1.net

Enjoy your day!