Monday, April 28, 2008

Oh, the Horror!

I tried on bathing suits over the weekend.

Thank you, thank you for the groans and cringes:)

I HIGHLY recommend NOT trying on these ghastly scraps of torture only 9 weeks after giving birth. Unfortunately, I signed my toddler up for swim lessons and I have to get into the pool with her. Great, huh?

I tried all sizes, all colors, all styles...NOTHING WORKS! And those "slimming" suits? Yeah, unless they go from neck to ankle, forget it. Hey, I think I'll just get a wet suit:)

After two days and hours of pouring myself into lycra and spandex that should come with a warning tag, I ended up bringing two suits home. Of these two I'm trying to figure out which one will be less frightening to the young children in the class. I'm so afraid I'll give them nightmares...or worse, they'll just go blind.

Have any of you tried the dreaded ritual of trying on suits? How can I face the public when I can't even leave a dressing room? I'd love to hear your experiences/horror stories. Please tell me I'm not alone:)

Hugs,
Jules

3 comments:

Lisa F. said...

I feel for you, but realistically you can't expect a flat tummy when your baby is only 9 weeks old!

We have a cabin at a lake where we spend lots of time in the summer, and several years ago I lived in a swimsuit. Last year and so far this year, I would put on the top and wear shorts instead of the bottoms. Too much tummy and butt to look decent in a suit, and no matter how much walking and pushing away the plate I've done, I can't seem to get back to a size 6!

Have fun at the classes, and know the kids don't care what you look like at that age, they're just happy to play with you.

Unknown said...

I think the idea of a full body swimsuit is good Jules, but it has to be baggy, lol.
I hate putting one on, but with kids sometimes you just have to suck it up, or in as the case may be.
Like Lisa said those little ones don't care what you look like. Now the other Mom's, that's a different story but who cares what they think. Chances are they're feeling the same way as you.
Enjoy your swim lessons!

Jules Bennett said...

Lisa, I'm in an 8/10 right now. I was in a 5 before the baby. I'd lost all the weight from the first baby (66 lbs). With baby #2 I gained 50 and so far I've lost 40.

My belly isn't the problem, it's not big. For some reason, with this pregnancy, I gained the weight in my butt! Not fun:(

Deanne, a baggy suit? Hmmm...I bet if I made one and patented it, I would make a lot of women happy:)