Monday, June 23, 2008

When I'm Happy...

Everybody's happy!

I woke up at 4 a.m. the other morning with a brand-spankin' new idea for a book. I can't tell you how excited I was to get started on this book. I immediately typed out an overview, read through it and dove right in to the main course:)

Later that same day, I was driving and flipping through the XM stations. I normally just listen to CD's because I'm never happy with the radio, but I am so glad I decided to nix the CD's that day. I came across a country station and heard a beautiful opening to a song.

The second the song started, I got goose bumps! Seriously. Not only that, I got a little teary-eyed. The more I listened, the more I thought Eli (the hero of my book) was talking to me through my radio! Okay, that sounds strange, but in my world it makes perfect sense;)

The song? Better as a Memory by Kenny Chesney. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT! I'm not a big country music fan, but this really hit me.

So, since Kenny and I are working together on my new book, I'd like to give away a little something to brighten your day. I have a cute picture frame with hearts all around it. I believe it holds a 4x6 picture.

Just let me know what song(s) have inspired you or just made your day. I'll pick a winner at the end of the week!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

The song Always and Forever by Heatwave has always done the goose bumps thing to me. I just love it!!
:)
Becky

Laura J. said...

That song is beautiful and yep sounds just like a song from a romance novel.

One of my favorites is Fall Into You by Emerson Drive (well actually that whole cd is awesome all love songs).

I love reading a story and then hearing a song and think WOW that sounds just like a song the hero/heroine would sing or could relate too. Not just the love songs. I recently read a book and the song My Last Name by Carrie Underwood fit the book so well.

Sheila said...

Ok so I'm a sap but I love Slow Dancing (Swaying to the music) by Johnny Rivers


Sheila

Diane said...

About a year ago, I discovered Leonard Cohen, when I heard his song "A thousand kisses deep." When I listened to his song book, I found Jeff Buckley, Nick Cave and Madelaine Peyroux.

I think music always speaks, it's just up to us to hear what it says.

tara said...

OK***
I am a little strange but Green Day's "I WALK ALONE" sparked a story for me about a month ago when I was browsing through songs my husband has on his IPOD. Now if I could just follow through and finish something. I always seem to have what I consider a great idea and then it kinda fizzles!! Tomorrow I am headed to North Carolina for a much needed 2 week family vacation and I'm hoping the change in scenery will have me pounding away at the keys when I get back!!
Hugs**
Tara

Jules Bennett said...

Becky, I love the goosebumps songs! That's when you know the singer did their job which is what I hope to accomplish as an author.

Laura, Fall Into You is a great song. Haven't heard the whole CD, though.

Sheila, you're not a sap. That's another timeless classic:)

Diane, I couldn't agree more. Every song is a story...I just take one and expand it into a few hundred pages;)

Tara, I'm a Green Day fan. They came out when I was in high school and I still listen to them. Have fun on vacation!

Tee said...

Yikes, Kenny! I love Country but not him! But hey if his music helps you write a wonderful story, go for it. Cannot wait to read it Jules!

Jules Bennett said...

Tee, I never used to like him and then all of a sudden...BAM! Something in his songs really hits the spot in my brain that inspires me:)

Laura J. said...

Jules, the whole cd is about falling in love. Not lost love, all happy stuff. I really think that is my favorite cd right now, followed very closesly by Lady Antebellum (who when they did a free concert in Louisville to kick off their debut cd, I was able to drag my non-country liking husband to and he LIKED them).

Jules Bennett said...

Laura,

You're the winner of the picture frame! Congrats:)

Contact me at julesbennett@falcon1.net and give me your address.

Happy Reading!
Jules

Caffey said...

Hi Jules, I can't hear, but I do have some favorite lyrics and one that really gives me goosebumps and reminds me when I could hear it many years ago, Ann Murray singing DANNY' SONG (written by Kenny Loggins). Just beautiful one thats going through my head now!

Jules Bennett said...

Caffey,

How lovely to feel the lyrics instead of hearing them. I hate to admit this, but I've never heard Danny's Song. I know it's popular, but I don't even know the lyrics. I guess I'll have to look them up.

Thanks for sharing:)

Hugs,
Jules